From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] eselect init
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 12:24:11
1 On 5/26/13 2:08 PM, Micha³ Górny wrote:
2 > You could've asked me that when I was still using OpenRC. I don't
3 > really want to grep the 40 scripts right now, and I don't think I have
4 > the worse cases installed here.
5
6 Worth investigation, not by you, but those that loathe systemd should
7 have a look and see if they could fix some.
8
9 >> For your needs probably just pivoting a symlink should work almost fine,
10 >> as long your stay sysvinit compatible, yet doing that as early init or
11 >> as post kill-all should work better even in your case.
12 >
13 > Well, you're transforming a simple idea with potentially relatively
14 > wide audience into a horror story with a single user.
15
16 Hopefully not =) I just stated what's the problem and the possible
17 solutions. As said from start I want the whole thing to be an opt-in and
18 to cause the least amount of disruption on current setups.
19
20 Patching sysvinit and bb-init to accept a "-c <filename>" would make the
21 whole thing much simpler if we pick a wrapper solution for my most
22 complex case.
23
24 lu