From: Kyle McMartin <kyle@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: cryptoapi-devel@×××××××.org, gerk@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] kernel-int and cryptoapi
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2002 11:35:28
1 Hi all, just a heads up about CryptoAPI and the International Kernel
2 Patch.
3
4 [Just to clarify, CryptoAPI is the tarball, IKP is the patch]
5
6 We recently split the patch up into two source packages, cryptoapi,
7 which is the core modules for crypto and digests, and cryptoloop, which
8 contains the loop adapter.
9
10 In addition to this we have begun the process of stabilization the
11 development of this version of cryptoapi.
12
13 The new versions are much improved in terms of usability and bugfixes
14 over the old, and we recommend you update your ports and the patches in
15 your kernel to the latest version.
16
17 <http://www.kerneli.org> will always contain the latest source, and is
18 located outside of the United States, in Austria.
19
20 http://www.kerneli.org/src/cryptoapi-0.1.0-rc2.tar.gz
21 5cbea0d643e68796b81309caf9145dd7
22 http://www.kerneli.org/src/cryptoapi-0.1.0-rc2.tar.bz2
23 c74bfb65bcecf88bd54bf77c84bd8c0c
24 http://www.kerneli.org/src/cryptoloop-0.0.1-pre1.tar.gz
25 040d62c91d093f19cee0e003a156588d
26
27 If you prefer a kernel patch, the new IKP's have been generated and
28 include cryptoloop and ipsec_tunnel, which both use the CryptoAPI.
29
30 http://www.kerneli.org/src/patch-int-2.4.19.0.gz
31 501fee688478b4e7b3b05f6fe1fb29fa
32