From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Deprecate EAPIs 0 and 1?
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 18:05:15
1 On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 12:02:32 +0100
2 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > So maybe it's about time that we deprecate EAPIs 0 and 1 for new
5 > ebuilds. As a first step, a warning could be added to repoman that
6 > would be triggered whenever a new ebuild with an EAPI less than 2 is
7 > committed.
8
9 I don't see a reason to deprecate an EAPI, unless you are out to stop a
10 specific feature from being used that was introduced in a later EAPI
11 and breaks the earlier EAPI. Those ebuilds should be converted or
12 otherwise taken care of, but it still wouldn't deprecate the older
13 EAPI as a whole.
16 jer