From: Aaron Bauman <bman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] why is the security team running around p.masking packages
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2016 10:55:36
1 On Wednesday, July 6, 2016 5:10:25 PM JST, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
2 > On 7/5/16 10:52 PM, NP-Hardass wrote:
3 >> I think it is a little bit of a stretch to say that he's the only one to
4 >> have an issue. Now, I've spoken with the parties involved, so my issue
5 >> is resolved, but I had a package of mine bumped in the name of security
6 >> without being pinged/consulted at all. I'm not attempting to point
7 >> blame at anyone, but merely show that there are others who have been ...
8 >
9 > I agree that a ping is the necessary first step, but I'm afraid of a
10 > dispute between the maintainer and the security team. Bug #459274,
11 > which I discussed in my previous email, should never have been file and
12 > should never have been acted on. If the security team feels they must
13 > touch a package, I'd like to have QA review it. The QA leadership is
14 > ratified by the council and has a long history of dealing with these
15 > sorts of issues which are tried and true.
19 So just state such facts, as you did following the p.mask, and all would be
20 well. It really has been and continues to be that simple.