From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gentoo-dev-announce list
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 12:06:38
1 On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 13:10 -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Chris Gianelloni wrote:
3 > > - Create a new list ("gentoo-core-announce" ?)
4 > > Reading: dev-only
5 > > Posting: dev-only, reply-to set to gentoo-core
6 > > This is the reference list of things (policy, decisions and discussions
7 > > in progress) all developers must know about.
8 >
9 > Agree with -(core|dev)-announce.
10 >
11 > > - Keep -core and -dev, as non-required reading
12 >
13 > Agree, but with the caveat that devs must still be at least subscribed
14 > to -core even if they choose not to read it. This way, you could have a
15 > -dev-announce that also refers to something private on -core if need be.
16 >
17 > > Now, do we really need it to be -core-announce? Not really. In fact,
18 > > at one point we'd come up with both a -core-announce and a
19 > > -dev-announce, with -core-announce being for more sensitive information.
20 >
21 > I'm having a tough time thinking of sensitive information that all devs
22 > must know about (i.e., that would qualify for -core-announce).
23
24 Same here, which was why we eventually dropped to only a single announce
25 list in our discussions.
28 Chris Gianelloni
29 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
30 x86 Architecture Team