From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gcc 3.1-r1
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 11:54:43
1 makeinfo and install-info are both in texinfo, version 4.2 is in portage
2 but I had it masked since it depends on new automake and autoconf.
3
4 //Spider
8 begin quote
9 On Wed, 22 May 2002 16:10:44 +0100
10 Alex Walker <alex@×××××××.uk> wrote:
11
12 > 'ello Gentoo
13 >
14 > OK, I have pretty much rebuilt my system with 3.1 now, but for a few
15 > issues which seem to have been mentioned before. However, I have not
16 > seen any reference to the following problem:
17 >
18 > I have no makeinfo or install-info commands. From other people using
19 > qpkg, I found out that these should both belong to gcc. So I figured
20 > a remerge of gcc might help... nope, still don't have the commands.
21 >
22 > I have unmerged both 3.1 and 2.95, keeping only 3.1-r1.
23 >
24 > Any help appreciated.
25 >
26 > Alex.
27 > (Praying the power doesn't cut before I can recompile util-linux so I
28 > can use login without it segfaulting)
29 >
30 > --
31 > ----------( My computer can beat up your computer.
32 > )---------- ALEX -----( - Karl Lehenbauer