From: Magnus Therning <magnus.therning@×××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gnome2 release schelude:
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 13:47:26
1 I also need to express my eagerness to play a little with gcc3.1+Gnome2
2 :-)
3
4 Will there be a specific profile for it, or will the default-1.0-gcc3 be
5 updated?
6
7 /M
8
9 On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 10:50:20AM +0200, Spider wrote:
10 > Okay,
11 >
12 > I want some input on this from the Gentoo Crowd (Thats you folks ;)
13 >
14 > Since we are rapidly heading for a Gnome2 release, I've been in touch
15 > with the Gnome2 release team, and hearing their opinion on how we should
16 > manage release for public avaiability.
17 >
18 > They would really like some extra input from us, since we have quite
19 > a wide variety of systems, compilers and we have for some reason gained
20 > a reputation for being "generally more savvy and daring than the other
21 > distros"
22 >
23 > Now, we are looking at a -rc release, and its high time to start
24 > pounding at http://bugzilla.gnome.org
25 >
26 > So, we are looking to be the firs distribution with official Gnome2
27 > support, and if possible we'd like to have even more input from dev's on
28 > bugzilla, from opinions and ideas to things that are plain wrong.
31 > //Spider
32 >
33 > --
34 > begin .signature
35 > This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
36 > See Microsoft KB Article Q265230 for more information.
37 > end
40 Magnus Therning (OpenPGP: 0x6A83A7DF)
41 magnus.therning@×××××××.nl
42 http://www.lysator.liu.se/~magus/
43
44 I WILL NOT BE A SNICKERPUSS.
45 I WILL NOT BE A SNICKERPUSS.
46 I WILL NOT BE A SNICKERPUSS.
47 I WILL NOT BE A SNICKERPUSS.
48
49 Lisa Simpson on chalkboard in episode 4F01