From: "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Ada project needs your help!
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 08:30:16
1 On 14/12/16 08:26, Christopher Head wrote:
2 > On Sun, 11 Dec 2016 16:59:50 +0100
3 > Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Hello, everyone.
6 >>
7 >> The Ada project seriously needs help. For some time already, it has no
8 >> active developers (George is retiring), and a lot of bugs needing
9 >> attention.
10 >>
11 >> The packages maintained by aga@g.o are:
12 >>
13 >> app-eselect/eselect-gnat
14 >> dev-ada/asis-gcc
15 >> dev-ada/charles
16 >> dev-lang/gnat-gcc
17 >> virtual/ada
18 >> virtual/gnat
19 >>
20 >> Since the Ada subsystem in Gentoo is practically unmaintained now
21 >> and has only those two packages, the alternative is to lastrite it
22 >> all.
23 >>
24 >> Is anyone interested in Ada? Any comments?
25 >>
26 > I notice sci-electronics/ghdl is not in this list. Is it considered
27 > part of this? It depends on gnat-gcc. I guess it would also be lost if
28 > the above were given last rites?
29 Following this theme, what does the dependency list look like Michał ?