From: netfab <netfab@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [rfc] enable USE=xattr by default
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 07:14:25
1 Le 15/10/15 à 15:11, Duncan a tapoté :
2 > Having just completed an update and checked the warnings, which
3 > occurred on firefox and llvm, I can confirm that the paths mentioned
4 > in the warnings are in the tmpfs PORTAGE_TMPDIR, *not* on btrfs.
5 >
6 > And I run a mainline (direct git, in fact) kernel.
7 >
8 > So the problem does indeed appear to be PORTAGE_TMPDIR on tmpfs, on a
9 > kernel without the gentoo patches.
10
11 I'm in the same situation, i.e. latest longterm kernel from direct git
12 and building packages on tmpfs, and since a few months I'm finding in
13 logs these kinds of warnings for many packages :
14 > Failed to set XATTR_PAX markings -me ...
15
16 Le 15/10/15 à 15:11, Duncan a tapoté :
17 > But it would definitely be nice to have them turned off, or even have
18 > the entire attempt to do pax markings in the first place turned off,
19 > on non- hardened kernels.
20
21 Is there a bug opened about this ?
22 If the gentoo kernel XATTR patch is really required, it would be great
23 if users who do not use a gentoo kernel were aware about this. Does
24 PAX_MARKINGS="none" in make.conf (see pax-utils.eclass) is the way to
25 go ? Also this problem has already been discussed on @gentoo-user ¹.
26
27 1. http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/gentoo/user/305478