From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] why is the security team running around p.masking packages
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2016 11:51:10
1 On 7/6/16 7:30 AM, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
2 > On 07/06/2016 01:15 PM, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
3 >> I'm also disappointed that no one else in the security team has
4 >> recommended any internal policing in response to this. I maintain that
5 >> forced p.masking and version bumping should not be done by the security
6 >> team but passed to QA for review. Only QA is mandated with such powers
7 >> by GLEP 48.
8 >
9 > We're discussing this in another thread already (i.e possibly a GLEP for
10 > Security project), I'm discussing that as a member of security.
11 >
12 > As for any internal policing outside of public policies it is done
13 > within the team and not on a public mailing list. The relevant public
14 > policies are:
15 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Security/GLSA_Coordinator_Guide
16 > https://www.gentoo.org/support/security/vulnerability-treatment-policy.html
17 >
18 > But I agree these needs reviewing and codification in the form of a
19 > GLEP, but as said in the other thread, need to discuss that within the
20 > project first (I'm not lead, but have requested a team meeting already)
24 I like this. So let's make sure we have clear expectations and an
25 escalation process with review before we pull the p.mask with 30 days
26 till poof.
29 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
30 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
31 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
32 GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
33 GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA