From: Chris Davies <c.davies@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo & wget
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 02:09:45
1 Hi,
2
3 I've been using gentoo a while now, and the one thing that stands out it
4 how much I've been sitting around watching wget. It is like watching
5 paint dry. So in my sleep deprived state, I decided to spice it up by
6 personalising wget for the Gentoo distribution.... Yeah, well, like I
7 said I was sleep deprived :)
8
9 A complete ebuild can be found here:
10 http://www.cdavies.org/files/gentoo-wget.tar.gz
11
12 untar it into net-misc, then emerge gentoowget. The message is
13 customisable, as you'll see from the diff. Here's an example of it's
14 use: http://www.cdavies.org/ssImages/gentoo-wget.jpg
15
16 Just emerge wget again to go back to the real version...
17
18 OK, jeez. How bored was I? Sigh. On with the real work :)
19 Thanks,
20 C.Daives
26 Chris Davies <c.davies@×××××××.org>
27 CS Student, Swansea, UK.