From: Curtis Napier <curtis119@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Maintainer's guides?
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 20:05:23
1 Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
2 > On Monday 28 November 2005 16:47, Jan Kundrát wrote:
3 >
4 >>What about setting the HOMEPAGE of alsa-something to point to our
5 >>ALSA-guide?
6 >
7 > Because that's not the homepage?
8 > I go often on pgo to see the homepage of something, and it's usually to get
9 > *upstream* homepage, not Gentoo's guides.
10 > It's misleading changing that, imho.
13 I agree with this. I often don't feel like wading through 5 pages of bad
14 results on google to find an obscure packages homepage. I look in the
15 ebuild for this information all the time. A seperate tag like <doc>, as
16 someone mentioned earlier, would also be a huge help but would still
17 give you the homepage info as well.
18 --
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list