From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Portage Git migration - clean cut or git-cvsserver
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 13:08:16
1 Rich Freeman posted on Wed, 30 May 2012 07:32:49 -0400 as excerpted:
2
3 > On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 6:16 AM, Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o> wrote:
4 >> Yeah... this is why I was asking about access to infra to test the
5 >> conversion; so far, I haven't had any replies, though.
8 > A mock conversion would probably help with creating procedures/docs/etc
9 > as well. It is nice to say that we're "just going to use git" but I
10 > think everybody has a slightly different picture of how that is going to
11 > work.
12
13 I /believe/ such mock conversions had been done, based on previous
14 threads here, tho NOT on the SCM-migration list, which would certainly
15 have the greater detail. AFAIK the previous sticking points were all
16 those still-open bugs, not the general conversion. But the bugs, other
17 than documentation, either seem mostly fixed or not so important, any
18 more.
19
20 Of course, those previous trial runs are probably similarly dated, now,
21 so a new one's probably in order with the new perspective on those bug
22 priorities, etc, but at least getting the input of someone that was
23 involved with them should speed progress over some already covered
24 ground, in any case.
25
26 (I've considered following scmm myself, but there's apparently some sort
27 of issue between gmane, pan, and lists commonly crossposted between, that
28 has already killed project for me, header-fetch does nothing, and scmm
29 would almost certainly be similarly dead to me.)
34 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman