From: Arun Raghavan <ford_prefect@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] UEFI secure boot and Gentoo
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 04:46:52
1 On 15 June 2012 09:58, Greg KH <gregkh@g.o> wrote:
2 > So, anyone been thinking about this?  I have, and it's not pretty.
3 >
4 > Should I worry about this and how it affects Gentoo, or not worry about
5 > Gentoo right now and just focus on the other issues?
6
7 I think it at least makes sense to talk about it, and work out what we
8 can and cannot do.
9
10 I guess we're in an especially bad position since everybody builds
11 their own bootloader. Is there /any/ viable solution that allows
12 people to continue doing this short of distributing a first-stage
13 bootloader blob?
14
15 > Minor details like, "do we have a 'company' that can pay Microsoft to
16 > sign our bootloader?" is one aspect from the non-technical side that I've
17 > been wondering about.
18
19 Sounds like something the Gentoo Foundation could do.
20 --
21 Arun Raghavan
22 http://arunraghavan.net/
23 (Ford_Prefect | Gentoo) & (arunsr | GNOME)