From: Arun Raghavan <ford_prefect@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] UEFI secure boot and Gentoo
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 04:46:52
On 15 June 2012 09:58, Greg KH <gregkh@g.o> wrote:
> So, anyone been thinking about this?  I have, and it's not pretty. > > Should I worry about this and how it affects Gentoo, or not worry about > Gentoo right now and just focus on the other issues?
I think it at least makes sense to talk about it, and work out what we can and cannot do. I guess we're in an especially bad position since everybody builds their own bootloader. Is there /any/ viable solution that allows people to continue doing this short of distributing a first-stage bootloader blob?
Sounds like something the Gentoo Foundation could do. -- Arun Raghavan http://arunraghavan.net/ (Ford_Prefect | Gentoo) & (arunsr | GNOME)