From: Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gpg: signing failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2016 14:23:34
1 On 2016-12-11 15:13, grozin@g.o wrote:
2 > But this commit sits in my copy of the tree, and I cannot
3 > push it. What can I do?
4
5 You can't push because the commit isn't signed?
6
7 If it is the last commit, just run `git commit --amend -S`
8
9 If it isn't the last commit, try `git log` to get the commit id before
10 your unsinged commit followed by `git rebase -i
11 <COMMITID_BEFORE_YOUR_UNSINGED_COMMIT>^`. Now set the unsigned commit to
12 "EDIT" (don't touch any other commits, keep "PICK") and run `git commit
13 --amend -S` and continue rebase to finish.
14
15 Now your commit should be signed and you should be able to push.
16
17 For future, apply settings like shown in
18 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Gentoo_git_workflow#Repository_settings to
19 the Gentoo repository to prevent situations like that.
23 Regards,
24 Thomas