From: Xavier Maillard <zedek@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: replacing the common-lisp-controller
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 21:36:16
1 Hi,
2
3 On Wednesday, 18 October 2006, Matthew Kennedy wrote:
4
5 > I think this scheme is more in line with our Emacs approach in
6 > portage. This has been a popular system for those who want a
7 > distro-maintained Emacs build but want to use their own configuration.
8 > We install Emacs libraries to /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp and maintain
9 > a /usr/share/site-lisp/site-gentoo.el with the Gentoo provided
10 > initialization code. This way users are not forced to use the Gentoo
11 > configuration -- in fact, you have to opt-in in Emacs' case by loading
12 > /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-gentoo.el from your ~/.emacs.
13
14 OMG, do it yes ! I had bad and big troubles recently with clisp
15 and it was *really8 hard to know where things happened.
16
17 Thank you.
18 --
19 CU Xavier