From: Hans de Graaff <graaff@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: an eclass for github snapshots?
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 06:03:05
On Tue, 2011-06-07 at 20:16 +0200, Ulrich Mueller wrote:

> Even if it fulfills the restrictions for global variables, it is still > an abuse of the spec, because PMS defines S as follows: > "The full path to the temporary build directory, used by src_compile, > src_install etc."
I don't see how setting S violates this specification. For each ruby implementation that we build for the definition of S holds. It just has a different value for each implementation.
> And for EAPI 4 it will fail, because S is required to exist as initial > working directory in most src_* phase functions.
Correct, so in EAPI 4 we now set the RUBY_S variable to handle the initial setup, and then we set S as part of the environment setup when we are iterating through each ruby implementation within each of the PMS phases. Kind regards, Hans