From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Some support for Sunrise Overlay :-)
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 08:22:02
1 Tiziano Müller wrote:
2 > Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 >> I was told to try sunrise with some of my ebuilds. There's a reason I
4 >> didn't, and I suspect it's the same other people also don't go to
5 >> sunrise. There's no good way of contributing an ebuild. There's no
6 >> bugzilla or website where I can upload the ebuild. All I'm told is to
7 >> go to IRC. I would as well might have been required to go to McDonald's.
8 >
9 > Well, sunrise is not about uploading a package just somewhere but about
10 > having it reviewed and corrected such that it follows basic guidelines.
11 > Since this process requires bi-directional communication, IRC is a good
12 > (low-latency) way to do that.
13
14 I disagree. IM does not provide for communication that can be
15 looked-up, which is important. I post something, many people will look
16 at it and some of them will reply. That is not possible with IM. A
17 mailing list is also sub-optimal. A forum or bugzilla is needed where
18 information/communication is stored and can be categorized and looked up.