From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] [treequake] virtual/mysql addition
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 11:55:44
1 On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 10:38:10PM -0800, Ryan Tandy wrote:
2 > >I can't find the bug right now, but this did pop up where the client was
3 > >a GUI app, and they wanted to get away from needing all the dependencies
4 > >it pulled in that way.
5 > Would controlling building of the client via a flag such as 'X' or 'gtk'
6 > be inappropriate in that scenario?
7 If X or gtk were relevant to the client, then yes. Better be ready for
8 USE flag for every GUI toolkit then (yuck).
9
10 I predict that we would then see people complaining they need a hundred
11 and one USE flags to reliably turn off the clients, or that they need to
12 actually read the ebuild to figure out exactly how to turn the client
13 off.
16 Robin Hugh Johnson
17 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
18 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85