From: David Leverton <levertond@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Re: [gentoo-dev] One-Day Gentoo Council Reminder for June
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 17:42:01
1 On Thursday 12 June 2008 18:14:21 Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > he was told to remove kdebuild-1 from the repo and this has yet to happen
3
4 I just checked the April meeting log, and while I admit I didn't read every
5 word from start to finish, all I could see was that kdebuild couldn't be in
6 the final, official version. In particular, you yourself wrote:
7
8 22:36 < vapier@> i generate the pms for reference. it better not include
9 anything that hasnt been approved.
10
11 It looks like that isn't the default in current git, but it's trivial to fix
12 if that's what people want.
13
14 If I missed something in the log, or if this was discussed somewhere else,
15 please let me know.
16
17 > TeX isnt a format that integrates with Gentoo. should just convert it to
18 > docbook and be done with this garbage.
19
20 I would think that anyone proposing such a disruptive change at this point
21 should either give a damn good reason or do the work themselves, preferably
22 both. I can't even figure out what "integrates with Gentoo" means, let alone
23 decide whether it counts as "damn good". (And if you're suggesting DocBook
24 as an alternative, it can't possibly mean "is the same as all the other
25 Gentoo documentation".)
26 --
27 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list