From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: jmbsvicetto@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] udev and /usr
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 14:50:28
1 On Sun, 18 Sep 2011 14:27:02 +0000
2 "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <jmbsvicetto@g.o> wrote:
3
5 > Hash: SHA1
6 >
7 > On 18-09-2011 12:59, Nirbheek Chauhan wrote:
8 > > On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 6:19 PM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o>
9 > > wrote:
10 > >> No, there isn't anything traumatic. The only thing systemd folks
11 > >> are doing is nicely asking devs to include systemd unit files
12 > >> whenever necessary or use the eclass whenever upstream supplies
13 > >> those files.
14 > >>
15 > >> In other words, some devs just found themselves a scapegoat.
16 > >>
17 > >
18 > > ++
19 > >
20 > > I'm astonished by the large amount of misinformation that is being
21 > > spread around about systemd. If this originated on the gentoo-user
22 > > mailing list, I'm disappointed that Gentoo users wouldn't do some
23 > > basic research.
24 > >
25 > > I kind of expect this kind of trigger-happy FUD from websites like
26 > > omgubuntu, but surely Gentoo folk are more mature.
27 >
28 > You mean that no Linux users, in particular anyone not running or not
29 > wanting to run GNOME and Fedora, shouldn't be worried about the way
30 > some people in the GNOME and Fedora community seem intent to impose
31 > their ways to everyone else? Worse, in the process seeming to want to
32 > convince everyone they found the panacea and that the "old unix ways"
33 > that have been around for 40+ years are all obsolete and that we
34 > should give in to "the collective"?
35
36 Could you give at least a single example instead of this 'blah blah
37 blah, I don't like you'? It's much easier to discuss particular cases
38 rather than 'they all make me feel sad'.
41 Best regards,
42 Michał Górny