From: Damien <dam@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Listing change for emerge rsync.
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 11:24:17
1 Hi there,
2
3 I wrote this script that list the changes for your installed packages
4 when doing an 'emerge rsync'.
5
6 It has two problem, the first is that I don't know python so I wrote it
7 in perl (maybe someone could translate it), and the second is that it's
8 not very well written.
9
10 The second problem comes from the fact that a lot of ChangeLog are
11 broken and not clearly formatted, so I attempt to reformat the
12 changelog. It comes also from the fact that I'm not an expert in perl
13 coding ;).
14
15 It would be great if it could be translated to python and integrated
16 into emerge, but I'm sure there are better way to do what this script
17 does.
18
19 The script takes the output of emerge rsync as input, then look for
20 ChangeLog. If it found one line, it gets the name of the package and
21 check in /var/db/pkg/ to see if it is installed and then get the
22 installed version.
23 It then output the ChangeLog, formatting it nicely and stopping at the
24 currently installed version.
25
26 The script is attached to this mail.
27
28 To use it do a emerge rsync | emerge-listchanges
31 Bye bye.
32
33 Damien Merenne

emerge-listchanges text/x-perl