From: gentoolinx <gentoolinx@×××××××.com>
To: "gentoo-dev@g.o" <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Install w/out floppy, cd-r?; PPDD w/Gentoo?
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 14:21:47
This may be the wrong place for this question, if so please tell me where
to ask it.

Is there any way to install GRUB (& Gentoo) without a floppy or CD-R ? I
have a Win98 partition, a OpenBSD partition, and a UMSDOS linux w/ Reiser
in the kernel, so I can install from any of those places.
Any help would be appreciated!

Also, are there any plans to use PPDD or any disk encryption w/ Gentoo?
I was going to do what you guys did with Gentoo, but with encryption--a
cross between OpenBSD & Gentoo. I even had a web site at sourceforge.net.
It's dead at the moment, but I collected some good ideas encryption wise.
Here's the URL, hope you can use it for something:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/openparanioa/.

Thanks ,         Joshua Kuebler