From: Andrew D Kirch <trelane@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Preparing profiles for EAPI 3 IUSE strictness
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 06:08:08
Ciaran,

I've talked with the pkgcore people and they don't use the EAPI's (or
PMS) in the first place.  This essentially leaves you writing documents
you're requiring for paludis support.  As this seems to be mostly a PM
issue, it should be taken elsewhere.  To that end, here is a
gentoo-portage-dev mailing list that is more appropriate for minor
process issues such as those brought up below.
I think that ending this discussion here and moving it over to a forum
more appropriate to package manager development would reduce the
temperature around your proposals and get them implemented (as Zac seems
willing to do so).  While I realize this is a general purpose mailing
list, it is general purpose, and there is a mailing list specifically
for portage development.

Andrew