From: Ioannis Aslanidis <aslanidis@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] File collisions
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 10:56:29
1 On 4/19/07, Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On the issue of QA, I think enabling FEATURES="collision-detect" by default
3 > would do a lot more good at this stage than "test". There are several
4 > packages I have come across where this has picked up files not being
5 > removed from earlier versions. It's a reasonable default to have and
6 > doesn't involve delaying users since it takes a fraction of a second to
7 > carry out. What I'd propose is that portage runs the collision-detect and
8 > reports it, but continues the installation in the same manner as now.
9 >
10 > This could tie into an automated report at a later stage.
11
12 Do you mean to report a 'QA notice' instead of halting the merge?
13 Well, actually halting the merge is a required feature, so maybe the
14 QA notice should be added always straightway, not bound to the
15 FEATURE.
18 Ioannis Aslanidis
19
20 <deathwing00[at]gentoo.org> 0xB9B11F4E
21 --
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list