From: Brandon Low <lostlogic@g.o>
To: Brad Laue <brad@××××××.com>
Cc: danarmak@g.o, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage quibbles
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 19:16:21
This is correct behaviour, because if mozilla was installed only as a dep of something else, then when that something else is uninstalled, it should really just be uninstalled (unless something else still depends on it) reverse dependency checking will facilitate the functionality that I've just described, until then dep-clean (in gentoolkit) and emerge -p depclean provide users a way to see what packages are not needed by anything in their world file and may be safely removed if they are not specifically desired, or added to world if they ARE specifically desired.

Hope these behaviours make more sense explained this way,

--Brandon