From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Lars Wendler <polynomial-c@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The future of sys-apps/openrc in Gentoo
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 21:04:30
On Sunday, July 04, 2010 10:29:57 Lars Wendler wrote:
> now that openrc has no active upstram anymore [1] what shall we do? To be > honest I was really looking forward for openrc/baselayout-2 finally > becoming stable in Gentoo but this seems to be quite implausible now that > openrc has no upstream anymore. > If there's anyone out there who would volunteer to maintain openrc, please > step up now or else I fear we must abandon openrc which would be very sad.
like i already told William a few months ago, it really doesnt matter. openrc was a Gentoo project to start with and since it is all based in git, there's nothing for us to do -- we already have an openrc git repo on the Gentoo git server. http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/openrc.git;a=summary -mike