From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] cmake-utils.eclass: set default of CMAKE_VERBOSE=1
Date: Fri, 04 May 2012 18:31:20
1 On 05/04/2012 08:00 PM, Johannes Huber wrote:
2 > Am Freitag, 4. Mai 2012, 18:30:10 schrieb hasufell:
3 >> # @ECLASS-VARIABLE: CMAKE_VERBOSE # @DESCRIPTION: # Set to enable
4 >> verbose messages during compilation.
5 >>
6 >> By default this is deactivated which is inconvenient imo and
7 >> results in pastes having minimum information. I have to tell
8 >> users every time to recompile with CMAKE_VERBOSE=1 so that I have
9 >> proper information on what is going on.
10 >>
11 >> Are there any arguments against this being default?
12 >
13 > In 95-99% of the build failures we get in kde herd the information
14 > is sufficient. So from my point of view the current behaviour is
15 > good.
16 >
17 > Greetings
20 I think that as an argument pro CMAKE_VERBOSE=1 because that would
21 cover 100% instead of 95-99.