From: Zhang Le <r0bertz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: [GLEP] Use EAPI-suffixed ebuilds (.ebuild-EAPI)
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 10:03:22
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 16:55:50 +0800
3 > Zhang Le <r0bertz@g.o> wrote:
4 >> Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
5 >>> Note *the way things are currently*. If you think this is untrue,
6 >>> provide an algorithm that will correctly give the EAPI of any
7 >>> current or future ebuild given that ebuild's filename (hint: you
8 >>> can't).
9 >> Simple.
10 >> Whatever you'd like to have in the suffix, we can put it on the first
11 >> line of the ebuild.
12 >> Just go and get it, and that's the EAPI.
13 >
14 > Your algorithm:
15 >
16 > Does not work for existing ebuilds that have implicit EAPI 0.
17
18 That's obvious. If no suffix, just treat it as EAPI 0.
19 I thought I don't need to say this explicitly.
22 > Does not work for existing ebuilds that have explicit EAPI.
23
24 Even better, since we don't need suffix in the first place. Just define it in
25 ebuild.
28 > Does not work for future ebuilds.
29
30 If defined in file does not work, then define in file name doesn't either.
31 They are interchangeable.
32 All could be get before sourcing.
33 I know you'd say people will use all syntaxes to define. But how many are
34 there? EAPI=1, EAPI="1" these are the two ways currently used in tree.
35 A simple qgrep can show that.
36 Two steps can guarantee you get the value
37 1. strip "
38 2. get the value
42 Zhang Le, Robert
43 GPG key ID: 1E4E2973
44 Fingerprint: 0260 C902 B8F8 6506 6586 2B90 BC51 C808 1E4E 2973
45 --
46 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list