From: "Miroslav Šulc (fordfrog)" <fordfrog@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Peter Volkov <pva@g.o>, qa@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in dev-util/netbeans: ChangeLog netbeans-6.9-r3.ebuild
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 12:33:12
1 Dne 22.7.2010 10:44, Peter Volkov napsal(a):
2 > В Срд, 21/07/2010 в 17:18 +0200, "Miroslav Šulc (fordfrog)" пишет:
3 >
4 >>> epatch_user() from euitls.eclass
5 >> so this is undocumented feature? i did not know about this cool
6 >> feature till now.
7 > It's undocumented since it's better to avoid this feature in ebuilds
8 > because this hack makes impossible to know what patches user have and
9 > why package fails the way it fails. So better drop this code. If user
10 > wants some useful patch {s}he should open the bug or use overlay.
11 well, problem is that some patches simply cannot make it to offficial
12 sources nor our ebuilds. i have patch for netbeans that automatically
13 adds custom javadocs to getters and setters, final keywords to method
14 arguments etc. this really improves my efficiency when coding in
15 netbeans as it saves me a lot of keystrokes, but the scope of usability
16 of the patches is really small as i do not have time nor knowledge to
17 make this configurable through netbeans options and thus appliable at
18 the ebuild level or at the upstream source level. so from my point of
19 view epatch_user is a must unless i want to each time interfere emerge
20 of netbeans which i definitely do not want to.
21 > ...