From: Andreas Sturmlechner <asturm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Piotr Karbowski <slashbeast@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] State of elogind integration and the default +elogind local USE flag on xorg-server.
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 21:14:10
1 On Freitag, 22. März 2019 22:07:54 CET Piotr Karbowski wrote:
2 > I am not a big fan of that, but for sure, that would address the issues,
3 > however I am really worried about what to do later with xorg-server. I
4 > *really* do not want suid to be enabled there by default permanently, if
5 > we go the following route, do you think it's feasible to then still
6 > default to +elogind -suid on xorg-server? I understood now that
7 > consolekit clash with elogind, but maybe it's something to handle on
8 > consolekit level, to block elogind from being installed?
9
10 That would be introducing a default blocker to desktop profiles, and we don't
11 do that to our users.
12
13 This should be instead a huge motivation to get elogind support on track
14 everywhere it is still lacking, fix blockers, identify (the importance of) yet-
15 consolekit-only packages. Maybe create a tracker for the switch to elogind on
16 desktop profiles.
17
18 Regards,
19 Andreas