From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: Bart Lauwers <blauwers@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-core@g.o, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] baselayout-1.8.6.4
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 08:21:34
1 On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 03:33:28 +0100
2 Bart Lauwers <blauwers@g.o> wrote:
3
5 > Hash: SHA1
6 >
7 > How about paralellized execution of services that do not cross depend
8 > (to decrease time to boot)? Anyway some good ideas are here:
9 > http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/rgooch/linux/boot-scripts/
12 We know about this. Actually, I think Daniel contacted him, and he
13 was not what you could call very 'nice'.
14
15 Anyhow, we support his 'missing' and 'todo' features, and have more
16 advanced dependencies, aside from the parallelized execution. I
17 will try to have a look, but I think having lightweight startup
18 scripts is better than bulky stuff that can do the parallel stuff.
21 Regards,
25 Martin Schlemmer
26 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
27 Cape Town, South Africa
31 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list