From: Defresne Sylvain <sylvain.defresne@××××.fr>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ccache and sandbox
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 13:08:06
1 Hello !
2
3 * John White (johnjohn@×××××××××××.com) wrote:
4 > I heard an interesting question on irc just now. Does anyone have
5 > ccache on a system actually working to accellerate repeat compiles?
6 >
7 > For a ccache overview: http://ccache.samba.org/
8 >
9 > Short version, ccache speeds up repeat compiles by caching compiler
10 > i/o.
11 >
12 > However, because of the sandbox, ccache info results in a sandbox
13 > violation. The user patched sandbox to allow writes to /var/cache/ccache
14 > but I'm wondering if there is supposed to be a better way.
15
16 I've got another solution. In fact, the standard sanbox allows full
17 read / write acces in /tmp directory. So, I just set CCACHE_DIR to
18 '/tmp/root/ccache' and CC to 'ccache gcc' before calling emerge.
19
20 It works well this way and it doesn't need to modify the sandbox !
21
22 Bye
23 --
24 Keiichi