From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [G/FBSD] /usr/lib/charset.alias
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 09:07:35
1 On Saturday 16 July 2005 02:45, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > i thought the packages that create that file do so because they were
3 > utilizing some bundled crap ...
4 No, they create that when the uses internal libiconv/gettxt on GLIBC systems
5 and when using external libiconv in non-GLIBC sysems. That's because the
6 locales in GLIBC are the same as handled by libiconv but it's not true with
7 FBSD's libc.
8
9 > regardless, i think this should be done on a global scale rather than
10 > per-package ... why not add some bashrc-foo to your profile ?
11 Don't think like this is a task for the profile, but maybe we can do something
12 with FEATURES inside of portage.
13
14 > can i get access to a fbsd box so i can test some of this crap ? i'd like
15 > to investigate sed/e2fsprogs and why it installs those files ...
16 My box right now has a bit of trouble, mainly for temperature. spb maybe has
17 one.
20 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
21 Gentoo Developer - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/
22 (Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, Gentoo/AMD64, Sound, PAM)