From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] [gentoo-dev] Last Rites: app-pda/gtkpod
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 17:42:11
1 On Mon, Apr 25, 2022 at 12:35 AM James Le Cuirot <chewi@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 24 April 2022 23:48:34 BST, Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o> wrote:
4 > >On Sun, Apr 24, 2022 at 3:14 PM James Le Cuirot <chewi@g.o> wrote:
5 > >>
6 > >> On Sat, 2022-04-02 at 21:35 -0700, Matt Turner wrote:
7 > >> > # Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o> (2022-03-27)
8 > >> > # Dead package. Homepage doesn't resolve. Unmaintained in Gentoo for at
9 > >> > # least 6 years.
10 > >> > # Removal on 2022-05-02
11 > >> > app-pda/gtkpod
12 > >>
13 > >> Last rites has been cancelled. I'm taking over as maintainer.
14 > >
15 > >Okay, but are you doing the thing I asked?
16 > >
17 > >> If you can break the dependence on anjuta (which I didn't
18 > >> investigate), I'd have no problem keeping it. Would be nice to have an
19 > >> actual maintainer as well.
20 > >
21 > >No, you didn't:
22 > >
23 > >https://qa-reports.gentoo.org/output/gentoo-ci/d347eab546/output.html#app-pda/gtkpod
24 > >
25 > >:(
26 >
27 > Sorry, it was last thing at night and I hadn't noticed the keyword situation. I think Anjuta is a key dependency and can't be dropped. I'll take it if necessary. Maybe I'll strip it down.
28
29 I don't think this is going to be a workable solution. Maybe you
30 should take gtkpod into your overlay instead.
31
32 What's so frustrating is that these are the kinds of things you had
33 time to investigate in the weeks before you unmasked the package. This
34 is really not how this is supposed to work.