From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] bugzilla unscheduled downtime
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 23:03:48
On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 12:38:13AM +0200, Lukasz Damentko wrote:
> > Is it me or is bugzilla still down? Or has it gone down again? I can't > > access it, nor can some of my friends. > Please be patient. Robin is working on it at the moment. It's the same > problem as yesterday.
No, it's not the same problem. A set of 3 IPs from .nl were attacking now, and managed to tie up the databases to their concurrent query limit, and cause both of the database nodes to lock up their mysqld. Looking at more of the traffic, I think that some new web worm is just breaking onto the scene, and it's trying to abuse the forms to POST spam and malware. -- Robin Hugh Johnson Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy E-Mail : robbat2@g.o GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85