From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Joshua Kinard <kumba@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] bash-completion-2.1-r1 once again
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 11:22:24
1 Dnia 2014-08-26, o godz. 07:13:53
2 Joshua Kinard <kumba@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > > oldcompdir = /usr/share/bash-completion
5 > [...]
6 > > completionsdir = /usr/share/bash-completion/completions
7 > [snip]
8 >
9 > I take it systems with /usr mounted separately won't be affected by this
10 > change? Do we need to retain the /etc/bash_completion.d compatdir in any form?
11
12 Nope, the files are just moving one directory deeper (as you can see
13 in the chopped snippet).
14
15 As for compatdir, bash will still support it though there will be
16 no need to use it for conforming completions. Users switching to
17 the new system will likely want to remove it since it will preload
18 the previously-enabled completions unnecessarily.
21 Best regards,
22 Michał Górny