From: Vikraman <vikraman.choudhury@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: antarus@g.o, chris@××××××××××××.com
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo package statistics -- GSoC 2011
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 14:38:56
Hi everyone,

I'm working on the `Package statistics` project this year. Till now, I
have managed to write a client and server[0] to collect the following
information from hosts:

* Uname, portage profile, timestamp of portage tree
* ARCH, CHOST, CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS, FFLAGS, LDFLAGS, MAKEOPTS
* ACCEPT_KEYWORDS, FEATURES, USE, LANG, SYNC, GENTOO_MIRRORS
* Repository, Keyword, Useflags (plus,minus,unset), Counter, Size,
  and Build	time for each installed	package

Is there a need to collect files installed by a package ? Doesn't PFL[1]
already provide that ?

Please provide some feedback on what other data should be collected, etc.

Also, I'm starting work on the webUI, and would like some
recommendations for stats pages, such as:

* Packages installed sorted by users
* Top arches, keywords, profiles
* Most enabled, disabled useflags per package/globally

[0]
http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/gentoostats.git;a=commit;h=1b9697a090515d2a373e83b1094d6e08ec405c02
[1] http://www.portagefilelist.de/index.php/Main_Page

--