From: "Crowfoot
To: tvon@×××××.org, gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] man fails under tcsh
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 15:05:01
1 I'll get the specific scripts tonight.
2
3 The trick with getting tcsh to work from bash:
4
5 > unset LS_COLORS
6 > exec bash
7
8 -----Original Message-----
9 From: Tom von Schwerdtner [mailto:tvon@×××××.org]
10 Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2001 2:59 PM
11 To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
12 Cc: Crowfoot, Norman (CCI-Atlanta)
13 Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] man fails under tcsh
16 > man breaks when the login shell is csh or tcsh . . .
17
18 can you be more specific? man works fine for me.
19
20 Also, there seems to be a tcsh bug in which it tries to parse LS_COLORS
21 or
22 somethign related. Attempting to login to bash and then invoke tcsh
23 fails
24 with "unknown colorls variable: 'do'" (off the top of my head). I dont
25 know much about this, but whomever is maintaining the tcsh ebuild may
26 want
27 to look deeper.
28
29 -T