From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: zmedico@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Enable FEATURES="userpriv usersandbox" by default?
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 14:51:26
On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 10:11 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
> > Wouldn't that break users who sync using a regular user? And then break > again, and again every time portage is merged?
Yup, unless that regular user is the same one used for userpriv (if I'm correctly understanding the problem that you're pointing at). I don't see this as a show-stopper - just a reason to have a news item. Those not using userpriv can always disable it and run as root as they are already doing. Those who are using a regular user to sync could ensure that their make.conf uses the same user for userpriv. Rich