From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: zmedico@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Enable FEATURES="userpriv usersandbox" by default?
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 14:51:26
1 On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 10:11 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Wouldn't that break users who sync using a regular user? And then break
4 > again, and again every time portage is merged?
5
6 Yup, unless that regular user is the same one used for userpriv (if
7 I'm correctly understanding the problem that you're pointing at). I
8 don't see this as a show-stopper - just a reason to have a news item.
9 Those not using userpriv can always disable it and run as root as they
10 are already doing. Those who are using a regular user to sync could
11 ensure that their make.conf uses the same user for userpriv.
12
13 Rich