From: Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, xemacs@g.o
Cc: emacs@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: gentoo-src cvs repo and svn repos migration to git
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 08:35:53
1 Hi,
2
3 Theo Chatzimichos <tampakrap@g.o>:
4 > I decided to start migrating some CVS and SVN repos to git. First I
5 > should do a cleanup though, and see which ones are still active.
6 > 1) gentoo-src [1] cvs repo contains a number of projects separated to
7 > directories. Most of them seem really old and inactive. I'd like to
8 > point me out the ones that are either still used, or they should be
9 > migrated because they contain usefull data. The others will be
10 > removed. 2) There are a number of svn repos in svn.gentoo.org (the
11 > list is at http://sources.gentoo.org under "Subversion
12 > Repositories"). Same as before, I'd like to point me out the ones
13 > that are still active, and you (the maintainer(s)) want to be
14 > migrated to git. In that case, I'll contact you for any additional
15 > info I will need, such as the structure of the git repo or any hooks
16 > I should be aware of. Thanks
17
18 Please do not throw away any repository if there is no conversion.
19 Mark it as read-only and obsolete, move it to a section where it is
20 clear that it is meant for reference only. I think I speak for the
21 GNU Emacs and XEmacs team if I tell you that we want to stick to
22 Subversion in the emacs repository.
23
24 V-Li
27 Christian Faulhammer, Gentoo Lisp project
28 <URL:http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/>, #gentoo-lisp on FreeNode
29
30 <URL:http://gentoo.faulhammer.org/>