From: Chrissy Fullam <musikc@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] Why no updates on delay of 2008.0 release
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 02:02:12
1 > I thought we had learnt something about not communicating with our userbase, but
2 > it looks like this lesson has already been forgotten. While I appreciate there
3 > probably are valid reasons for the delay of the beta and the release of 2008.0,
4 > I don't think there is any excuse not to update the published release schedule,
5 > nor for the utter lack of communication about this issue with our users. A short
6 > message on the frontpage of www.gentoo.org with a new (even if tentative) ETA,
7 > and some kind of explanation for the delay would certainly be much appreciated.
8
9 While communication was sent via unofficial means we had intended to project a level of understanding to those actively involved, the update is simple: the untimely and quite unexpected surgical "complication" resulting in the death of my mother has set back a number of schedules, personal/professional/gentoo, for both myself and wolf31o2. We hope developers and users alike can be somewhat sympathetic as the family tries to cope with our loss of this truly dynamic and incredible woman.
10 As a result, projects involving release engineering, developer relations, and events will be delayed until further notice.
13 Kind regards,
14 Christina Fullam
15 Gentoo Developer Relations Lead | Gentoo Public Relations
21 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list