From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] src_configure
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 03:09:11
1 On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 04:32:32AM +0200, Thomas de Grenier de Latour wrote:
2 > Sure, spliting that will produce a bit of code duplication. It's
3 > a bit less readable imho, but that's really just a cosmetic
4 > issue:
5 > ====================================================
6 > src_configure() {
7 > econf || die
8 > if use foo ; then
9 > cd "${S}/foo-plugin"
10 > econf || die
11 > fi
12 > }
13 >
14 > src_compile() {
15 > emake || die
16 > if use foo ; then
17 > cd "${S}/foo-plugin"
18 > emake || die
19 > fi
20 > }
21 > ====================================================
26 > I've also searched for some more problematic ebuilds, like some
27 > which would configure & build the same source several times
28 > (x11-libs/wxGTK maybe, also i'm not really sure) or some which
29 > would first configure and build a libfoo/ subtree, and then
30 > configure and build the main program (did not found any of that
31 > kind, but i would not be surprised some exists).
32 I know know stuff that NEEDS this:
33 cd $S
34 econf && emake || die
35 cd $S/plugin/$foo
36 econf && emake || die
37
38 and the stuff in $bar/plugin/$foo REQUIRES that $S be built first.
39
40 But as a possible fix for this, we could break out the plugin to a new
41 package.
44 Robin Hugh Johnson
45 E-Mail : robbat2@××××××××××××××.net
46 Home Page : http://www.orbis-terrarum.net/?l=people.robbat2
47 ICQ# : 30269588 or 41961639
48 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85