From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] why is the security team running around p.masking packages
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2016 14:03:04
1 On 07/06/2016 03:49 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
2
3 > I understand that. However, I just sometimes wonder whether that
4 > approach makes sense. The result of the current system is that we
5 > don't release GLSAs until well after a bug is fixed, sometimes after
6 > months.
7
8 It makes sense for long term server management where you don't want to
9 update the full tree too often, but I agree GLSAs needs to be put out
10 more timely
11
12 > GLSAs should almost follow the lifecycle of vulnerabilities, or maybe
13 > be issued per-arch. Lots of ways to handle it.
14
15 Indeed. The easiest way in many ways is a discussion on which
16 architectures should qualify for security support to begin with, given
17 stabilization times etc the list for discussion would likely start off
18 with only amd64.
21 Kristian Fiskerstrand
22 OpenPGP certificate reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
23 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3