From: "Tod M. Neidt" <tod@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Help with ebuild -- agsatellite
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 17:00:03
1 On Thu, 2002-02-21 at 16:10, Seemant Kulleen wrote:
2 > Hello to my Gentoo friends,
3 >
4 > I have been trying for a few days now to create an ebuild for agsatellite. My idea was to adapt the Debian wrapper files (bash scripts) for agsatellite for Gentoo, and ask the user to download the satellite binary itself from audiogalaxy.com (due to licensing). Upon running this ebuild I get this error:
7 Hi!
8
9 It is my opinion (and not necessarily the managements) that it is not
10 necesary to have the user download the file separately. Audiogalaxy
11 gives this away and no interaction is necessary to download the file
12 (such as a click this button if you agree to the license) so just put
13 the audiogalaxy download URL with the one for the debian wrapper
14 script. If you think the user should be informed of the nature of the
15 license (its included in the tarball) einfo in pkg_postinst a message to
16 go read it in the doc directory.
17
18 Note you should do some version munging at the top of the ebuild. so
19 that you
20 SRC_URI="http://www.audiogalaxy.com/satellite/downloads/${MYPB}.tar.gz
21 http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/contrib/a/${PN}/${MYPA}.tar.gz"
22