From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: sys-libs/zlib: punt from system in profiles
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 16:10:17
On Wednesday 30 November 2011 01:23:59 Zac Medico wrote:
> If it wasn't for implicit system dependencies, the system set and its > dependencies wouldn't need this kind of special treatment.
if it wasn't for implicit system dependencies, we'd have significant bloat in the tree and circular deps out the wazoo there's absolutely no reason every package should depend on sh, find, gawk, ls, sed, grep, make, gcc, libc, as/ld i wouldn't mind seeing gzip/bzip2/xz being auto calculated from SRC_URI ... though it would make a system without any of those tricky to bootstrap, so we'd have to pick at least one -mike