From: Roy Marples <roy@×××××××.name>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Testing to see if services have crashed on hardened
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 12:08:33
1 On Friday 21 March 2008 10:44:12 Natanael Copa wrote:
2 > err... run rc-status as root?
3 >
4 > I mean if you are not supposed to see if a process is running or not as
5 > normal user, then hardned is doin it's job when does not allow rc-status
6 > to show this info to the unprivileged user.
7 >
8 > if (!HARDENED || (HARDENED && euid=0) {
9 > /* show if process is running or not */
10 > }
11
12 Ideally I'd like a runtime catch rather than a define for this though, but
13 that's probably the best idea thus far.
14
15 Thanks
16
17 Roy