From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Summer of Code students and Planet Gentoo
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 01:34:51
1 Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Christel Dahlskjaer wrote:
3 >> The worry there was whether it would create controversy if they were
4 >> hosted with other developer blogs, so we figured we'd host the actual
5 >> blogs off-site (should irk less people, although presumably most will
6 >> already have external blogs already) and just aggregate them on
7 >> planet/universe (hopefully).
8 >
9 > Next time something like this comes up, it might be worthwhile to figure
10 > out whether there actually would be any controversy first. =)
11
12 I agree here. Sometimes the easiest way out isn't the best. We could
13 have supported this easily and with just a little bit of discussion. I
14 imagine we would have gotten a few vocal people fired up, but overall I
15 don't think we would mind. You've got to keep in mind that these people
16 have a lot of potential of becoming Gentoo devs themselves... just in a
17 very long drawn out recruitment process. :-)
20 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
21 Gentoo Infrastructure | Operations Manager
22
23 ---
24 GPG Public Key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
25 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
26
27 ramereth/irc.freenode.net