From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuilds for windows apps under wine?
Date: Sat, 07 May 2005 23:35:39
1 On Saturday 07 May 2005 04:32 pm, aeriksson@××××××××.fm wrote:
2 > Are there any plans for supporting ebuilds for windows apps which use
3 > wine? I just installed wine (via the ebuild) to enable DVDShrink to
4 > be installed. Worked like a charm, but it would have been much cooler
5 > to 'emerge dvdshrink' and have wine pulled in as a dependancy.
6 >
7 > I realize there's a ton of stuff to take care of, but since the newer
8 > windows version support 'sharing apps' among multiple user accounts,
9 > there just might be a way to make them root-owned, or some such...
10 >
11 > Anyone done any thining in this area?
12
13 although i think it's a pretty neat idea, i dont think it belongs in the
14 normal tree ... if it was, users would just come to us everytime wine and/or
15 the app crashed and frankly, i dont want that crap
16
17 maybe something the breakmygentoo guys could pick up ? an external rsync tree
18 which is just windows apps you can run under wine would be pretty cool
19 -mike
20 --
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list