From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: AW: [gentoo-dev] Selection for KDE base-packages
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 23:30:29
1 On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 01:04:35PM +0200, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
2 > What about the people that _do_ want kedit and not kate?
3 > I would like some pre-build configuration stuff. With a question to the
4 > user, do you want to configure this package before building it? It would
5 > make the Portage tree more flexible than just using USE-variables. I'm
6 > not sure if this fits into the Portage system though.
7 >
8 > But in this case it would be something like:
9 >
10 > Do you want to configure KDE-base [y/N]: Y
11 > Which editor would you like: [Kate/kedit/all]: <enter>
12 > ...
13 > Installing KDE-base with the following programs:
14 > Editor: Kate
15 > ...
16 > Is this correct [Y/n]: <enter>
17 > Start installing..
18 >
19 > We could have some kind of timeout on the first question so that if you
20 > do an automatic build it wouldn't stop at the question if you are not at
21 > the computer.
22 >
23 > What do you think, drobbins?
24
25 I think this could be very nice for Portage 2.0 :)
28 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
29 Chief Architect/President http://www.gentoo.org
30 Gentoo Technologies, Inc.